MAM is a recongnizable organization across the world, their Toronto base called MAMT which has approximately 6,500 follwers started out with 15 protesters on their 2012 march, and is having another march on May 23rd at Queens park in Toronto to protest against the Major corporation Monsanto and others like it.
Their prediction is a positive outcome hoping to:
• Not to be ignored by mainstream media
• An addition to the 3,000 prostesters from last year
• Seeing GMOs labeled, glyphosate and neonics banned
They work with organizations like the Canadian Biotechnology Action Network (CBAN), Organic Council of Ontario, National Farmers' Union, Canadian Organic Growers, and other Toronto Non-GMO Coalition members, as well as 100s of high respected international organizations.
The reasons they protest are:
:• Solidarity against Monsanto’s predatory business and agricultural practices
• End seed patents and defend the rights of local farmers and gardeners
• Demand mandatory labeling of all GM foods
• Promote organic solutions and a sustainable agriculture
• Support alternatives to agro-chemicals that harm pollinators and biodiversity
• Expose the cronyism between big business and government
• Demand INDEPENDENT scientific testing of GMO crops
• Demand regulatory modernization of the Canadian Novel Foods Act
MAMT co-founders/co-managers -
James Connor, Jennifer Berman Diaz
Just remember the next time you walk into your local Walmart, Christy Walton the widow of the founder John T Walton has a net worth of 36.7 Billion and is the richest woman in America.
Raccoons are a big problem in the city of Toronto,but they like to eat too. Do we really want to starve them out with this new style of green bin just because we don't like them? Is there a better way? Will this even work?
Who's rich now?
LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD CANADA!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns please let us know about them so we can improve our website. Thank you.
Like us on Facebook.